C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:37:00 -0500
Bobby,

Our condo has 2 walk-in and one tub shower.  Have you thought about a new
condo as opposed to a house?  It's been one of the best decisions we've ever
made.  You get a lot more "house" for the money, too.  Even though I don't
need it now, our home is pretty much set up for a chair (36" doors, no
exterior steps, etc.).  Sure, it costs another $150 in association fees, but
that covers trash removal, snow removal (need that in Ohio!), landscaping
(to your specs, within reason), water, mowing, clubhouse facilities, heated
pool, workout room, two fishing ponds.  I'd say it's a deal for a Benjamin
and a half per month.  I paid at least that per month when I had a house
with my own yard.