C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:06:00 EST
In a message dated 3/4/2002 4:39:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I welcome any and all comments.

Brent's out of the lurker closet, and he's buying a round for the house!

Geez, it's your birthright to be here Brent.  Anyway, these things that
you've shared are discussed on this list a lot.  It seems like one of the
most commonly occuring threads, unless I'm mistaken.

I don't have cp; I crashed the party and they let me stay.  I'll tell you
exactly what it boiled down to in the long run: When I became disabled I got
thrown out of society and these guys took me in.

I'll never look at the American flag the same way again, but because of these
people as well as others I have met in the disability community, I feel a
courage to fight for it to mean something it never did before.

Welcome,
Betty