BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A place midway between Celebration and Village of the Damned.
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:30:42 EST
So are you New Limeys going to be able to get the (good) performance out of
lime mortar and/or lime putty [please advise difference, while you're at it]
that we in the Design Profession can rely on by spec'ing cement mortars,
without giving us the evils of cement?  Or by spec'ing this Latest and
Greatest (but actually old) Thing, are we going to be experimenting with our
Owner's buildings?

And why won't our grandchildren find our 2002 lime-mortar joints dissolved
into white powder, as we have found 1880's buttered lime-mortar joints?

Has anybody done anything with ASTM on this?

Ralph