BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
``We've no telephone, and we've stopped opening our mail. You can't imagine how free we" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:30:58 EDT
Pub sued after drinker tapes pork chops to feet

A man is suing a pub in Australia after slipping on grease allegedly left
by a fellow drinker who had taped pork chops to his feet as a joke, The
Independent reports. Troy Bowron, 25, broke his arm and says he had to give
up his job as an upholsterer's apprentice. He is claiming A $750,000
(£280,000) in compensation from the Jannali Inn in southern Sydney and its
owner, Kelly Wells, for "permitting the use of pork chops as footwear in
circumstances that the defendant knew, or should have known, that such use
would have produced a hidden trap". Mr Bowron is also suing the drinker,
Ross Lucock, over the accident in November 1997.

XXX