BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
If it ain't a pleasure ... it ain't a poem.
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:55:28 -0400
> When my half-Italian grandmother Rita (born 1900) visited Italy in her
> teens, she found that everyone with her last name (Peruzzi) was Jewish, a
> heritage her father Mario (co-founder and half owner of Planters Peanuts)

...or at least salty.  Which is it?  Sign me,  Ritz Cracker

Maybe both. To my regret, the peanut biz was sold to Standard Brands when
my great-grandfather died in the late 1950s--so I missed my chance to be a
peanut tycoon. None of his family had any interest in working in the
company, and he felt they should do what they wanted with their lives
anyway. The stock which paid for the purchase remained in the family, and
when my grandparents died (aged 97 and 96) I inherited a modest portfolio
(salted away for my golden years) along with their proven genes for
longevity which I already had, and some cash, which bought the Great
Pumpkin (for my orange years). As for salty, my language certainly can be.

Is a Ritz Cracker a white guy who lives at the Ritz?

Sign me, Salt of the Earth