BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Two Pinheads, three opinions." -- LK
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:43:54 +1000
][<en

Ah! Bookstores.
I try not to go into them.
Because when I do, I invariably spend more money than
I should, buying books that I don't necessarily need.

Thanks to my mother, who always made sure that I had
books to read, who always gave me books for birthday
and Christmas presents, who encouraged me to read, who
fought battles with the public librarians so that I
could read adult books from the age of 10 ...

The saddest thing is that I have found it harder to
read since I 'grew up'.  Don't know whether it is
because I try to do too much, or what, but I feel
guilty if I let myself spend too much time reading.

So bookstores are both a delight, and a torment.
So much writing to admire, to savour, to lust after.
But so many things that even I have, I will not enjoy
to the fullest extent.

Cheers

david

> I stand in a bookstore and wait for the first set of
> insistent words to pull me to lifting a book and
> looking inside.
>
> ][<en

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!