BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Two Pinheads, three opinions." -- LK
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:34:10 +1000
][<en

Thanks for sharing.
I suspect many of us find it difficult to talk about
the down times, which of course is part of the reason
that they are down times.

I've been thinking a lot about the concept of family
recently, having spent the last five months living, as
they say, at 'no fixed address' (with at least another
couple of months to come).

Part of that thinking has seen me come to the belief
that if we have around us a group of people who
acknowledge our existence in a positive manner on a
regular basis, then we have probably been able to
restore the extended family that we might have enjoyed
had we been born a century ago, and lived in a
smallish community where everybody knew everybody
else.

It seems to me that whilst we all have these networks
of friends and acquaintances around us, sometimes we
lose sight of how important they are ... and how we
can make them feel important by involving them in our
lives.

BP has been good for me in that I have developed a
real sense of belonging.  Even though it is a virtual
community, I know that when I get the opportunity,
I'll meet some of you over a beer or coffee somewhere.

Thanks for being there.

david

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!