AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aggo Akyea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:11:44 -0500
Thanks so much, Lasisi, for forwarding this article.  And what a refreshing personality in thought and deed to steer Africa on.

Abdoulaye Wade may not be perfect as the following paragraph from the article reveals: "His detractors, however, say his singlemindedness betrays arrogance. He is unable, they say, to work with others, either Senegalese on domestic issues or other Africans on international ones. He may have great ideas, they say, but he is unable to carry them through to fruition."

But I'd rather have him than any of the current leaders in Africa today.  A leader who would awaken us from our stupor at least and set us thinking right for progress.

Thanks again.

> From: Lasisi Ibrahim <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2002/04/10 Wed AM 06:54:04 CDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: NYTimes.com Article: Senegalese Loner Works to Build Africa,
>               His Way
>
> This article from NYTimes.com
> has been sent to you by [log in to unmask]

Senegalese Loner Works to Build Africa, His Way

April 10, 2002

By NORIMITSU ONISHI

Abdoulaye Wade has emerged through the force of his ideas
and personality as one of sub-Saharan Africa's three
leading spokesmen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/10/international/africa/10WADE.html?ex=1019439644&ei=1&en=4e9e759a68e6685e

HOW TO ADVERTISE