AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ana maria mondjana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:42:11 -0500
EMERGENCY APPEAL:
FLOODING DISASTER IN MOZAMBIQUE

The Mozambican community in Madison would like to thank each and everyone
for your concern and willingness to reach out in helping the flood victims
of Mozambique.

As you know the people of Mozambique are in desperate need for food,
shelter and medicine.

Through an extensive search process, we selected the United Methodist
Committee on Relief (UMCOR) as a reliable agency that assures that 100
percent of every gift will be used in the flood relief efforts.

UMCOR has sent funds to purchase tents, food, medicine and other relief
items.  The agency has also sent medicine, water purification units,
blankets, emergency food rations, and mosquito netting.

In the wake of this crisis, we ask for your support.  Please join in the
response efforts by sending your donations through the Bethany Methodist
Church in Madison.

At this point, financial gifts are the most effective way to respond to
this emergency.

Checks should be written to the order of BETHANY METHODIST CHURCH, and
mailed to the address below.  Please indicate in the check memo the
following code:  "Advance #156500-0, Mozambique".

Bethany Methodist Church
3910 Mineral Point Rd
Madison, WI 53705

Credit card pledges will be accepted only by UMCOR, at (800) 554-8583.

For further questions and concerns please contact:
Felisberto Tinga @ 233-3263 or
Ana Maria Mondjana @ 238-7614