AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:43:57 -0600
FYI, attached is the nationwide 2000 Census timeline.  For further information please contact Stephanie Arvidson, City of Madison 2000 Census Complete Count Program Coordinator, at (608) 267-1131, or email [log in to unmask]  Additional Census information can be found at the following URL:

http://www.ci.madison.wi.us/events/2000_census.htm

>>> Stephanie Arvidson 02/29/00 01:58PM >>>
As promised, attached is information for the List serv. ( a copy is in this message below)

Also, our Web site is: www.ci.madison.wi.us

Stephanie Arvidson
NATIONWIDE CENSUS 2000 TIMELINE
· Census form mailing begins March 13-15 and ends on March 31
Five out of six housing units will receive the short form
The long form will be distributed to one out of six households. In rural housing areas, the long form will be distributed to every other household
Census Day is April 1, 2000, when the Census is actually taken
There's Still Time campaign is April 7-25, 2000, focuses on people still being able to fill out their Census forms past the April 1 due date
Non response follow up will take place between April 25 and June 1, this will let people know that enumerators will be going door to door to take the census
December 31, 2000, the nationwide apportionment data (complete count) will be delivered to President Bill Clinton. *
The completion of redistricting data completed by April 1, 2001.
*For data products required by law [Title 13, United States Code], the Census delivers the products on or before the specified dates. These data products include delivery of the state population counts to the President within nine months of Census Day (on or before December 31, 2000). These counts are used to reapportion the seats in the U.S. House of Representatives. Under the Voting Rights Act, the Census Bureau is required to provide the states with race and ethnic data for small geographic areas to be used for the redistricting process specified in P.L. 94-171 by April 1, 2001.
Census Week Activities-March 13-17
· March 13-15, Census forms mailed to Dane County/Madison residents.
· March 14, Madison/Dane County kickoff event/press conference, Mayor Susan Bauman will attend.
There's Still Time-April 7-25
· We will inform citizens that there is still time to fill out Census forms
· April 12, Census Bus Tour makes a stop in Madison.
Non-Response Follow Up-April 25-June 1
· We will alert the public that Census interviewers will be going door to door to gather census information.
· We will use our community contacts to inform people that enumerators will be going door to door to take the census.

DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2065/3/_/454550/_/951940658/