C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pam Dahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:55:59 -0700
Hi Kyle,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Hope your pain doc came through.
Have you tried Neurontin? I find it helpful. Just a thought.

Yes, yes, yes, to a website! This is so needed. Let me know if I can help -
I have some HTML skills. I'm thinking about writing an article for New
Mobility on cp and aging, and helping with the website would be a good way
to do research.

Take care,
Pam

> Hey all...
>
> I haven't been on the list today as it's been a particularly bad day
> pain/spasticity wise.  Things have been getting progressively worse for
> about a week.  I left work about two hours early yesterday, slept about
two
> hours last night and could not grasp a razor or toothbrush.  Needless to
> say, I did not work today.
>
> Called the pain doc's office at 9:00 and said that I urgently needed to
see
> the physician.  I was told that the earliest possible time was July 26th.
> Fine, but could someone "call something in for me?"  That was 9:00, I
called
> back at 2:00 and re-emphasized the urgency and was told that someone would
> get back with me eventually (today??  this year??).  The prospect of a
> weekend with no pain-relief isn't something I'm relishing.
>
> The thing that really sucks is that I signed a "contract" at the beginning
> of my "treatment" (Jan. 2001), agreeing that I would not seek pain
> medication from any other physician.  In return, I would be provided with
> timely treatment and urgent situations would be responded to in kind.
>
> To keep my mind off of my own pain, I renewed my "web searching" for
> information re: CP and Aging, or some reference to "Post CP Syndrome".
Not