C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 07:21:06 EST
Hi Brent,
I'm mag, 45 going on 46 on the 19th.  I was about 34 when my legs started to
rebel. Up until that point, I'd been able to walk, almost anywhere I wanted
to except for very long distances, albeit with a severe CP gait, which
changed for the better when I started taking Feldenkrais lessons when I was
25. those lessons helped me keep my walking until 4 years ago, when it became
extremely painful to walk. My leg muscles just jam up into knots.  One reason
I'm seeking to start my own business is so I can afford the Feldenkrais
lessons.  My Feldenkrais lessons have helped improve my speech way beyond the
traditional speech therapy. They have also helped my hands and feet uncurl.
currently we are working on relaxing my mouth and jaw muscles so I can get a
bridge of some sort.