From:
"Anne M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne M.
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:54:18 -0500

Hello Listmates. I am sorry for the delay in posting this summary but I
have had some technical difficulties in getting the message posted.  The
listowner is looking into it.

My original question was:  "I have searched the archives and can't seem to
find any current information about the GF status of Friendly's Hot Fudge
sauce and their whip cream.  Does anyone know if either of these two sundae
toppings are GF?"

I only received one response. It read as follows: "I haven't called
Friendly's in about a year, but I eat their hot fudge sauce and whipped
cream with no problems" - Aggie
Thank You Aggie.

I made a quick call to Friendly's at 1-800-966-9970 and was told that both
the hot fudge and whip cream were GF.  I had previously looked at the
listed ingredients on a jar of hot fudge and they did indeed look safe.
Many of you also requested information on Friendly's icecream.  Last
October 2001, I had called the same telephone number and was told that most
flavors are GF except for the obvious culprits that included words like
cookie, cake, dough, brownie, or crisp in its title.  Also, I found an
archived message dated 2/9/2001 that basically said the same thing about
the icecream flavors and listed most (or all?) of their sundae sauces as
GF.  Those of you in the New England area who enjoy Friendly's should check
out that message too and give the company a call if you still have doubts.
The customer service people were very helpful and friendly!  I hope this
summary helps.  Again, I appoligize for its delay but that is a problem I
couldn't have anticipated.
Best wishes,
Anne