From:
"P. Farmer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
P. Farmer
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:27:24 -0500

I want to thank everyone who responded with information. It was truly helpful.

Sarasota: Two "The Granery" health food stores that carry bread,
cookies, and all sorts of gluten free items. Some grocery stores carry gf foods.

Sarasota has the Granary Health Food Store. Bradenton (next to Sarasota) has three Good Earth Stores. Lots of Health Food stores everywhere w/plenty to choose from.

I visited the Granary at Siesta Keys and was very impress with their selections of gluten free items.They carried bread from the Deland Bakery which I enjoyed very much and brought some of it home with me. The address is 1930 Stickney Point Road.

Walton's Health Food Store in Englewood, carries Kinnikinnick products.
Marie's Italian Restaurant makes their chicken, veal and sword fish
piccata without flour--just sub the veggies for the side of spagetti.
Reasonable price. Great food! Neighborhood atmosphere.
Shells Seafood Restaurant,Outback Restaurants,Black Angus Restaurants(get steaks plain and eat baked potatoe), Any chinese restaurants) stick with white sauce products and don't use soy sauce or any foods with teryaki or soy sauce used in cooking, bring your own soy sauce (LaChoy is ok). If going to Disney, they are very accommodating, Let the waitress know right away...
Hope that helps a little..
Ocala. Any Goodings grocery store will have gluten free cookies, noodles, etc. Also, Mother Earth food stores carry lots of gluten free things but are very expensive. Red Lobster is safe, just talk to them. We've had good luck with Chili's and Cracker Barrel.

There is a restaurant about a mile from marineland at Matanza's Inlet that has some gluten free meals. Matanza's Inlet is several miles south of St. Augustine. One of their chefs, Joan, I think, is a celiac and always has gluten free pasta available. If you call ahead, she might even make bread.

Grocery stores include Publix, Albertson's Winn-Dixie, Sav-A-Lot, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and Food Lion, all of which can be found in the greater Daytona area (Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, South Daytona, Daytona Beach Shores.) Same stores are also in Orlando, Melbourne, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach just to mention a few. Some of the very large Publix stores are reported to carry some GF items, but I haven't found one in Daytona - perhaps you'd have better luck in Orlando.

Publix has a "greenwise" section which carries some GF foods (some) and they do have some Amy's selections in their frozen food section

A small chain of restaurants in Florida The Columbian. Spanish and absolutely delicious.

The Deland Bakery is located at 128 N. Woodland Blvd in Deland, Florida if you are in eastern part of Florida.