THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:37:41 -0500
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this:   Recently, I changed
from oral hormone replacement therapy to an externally applied cream.  The
new Dr. I've been seeing said that would free up some thyroid receptors and
to cut back from 18 grains of Armour to 12.   I wondered if that would
work, so I didn't end my old prescription, which was from another
Dr.   Well, I've had to lower it even more than that....I'm down to about 5
grains a day!   I kind of remember now that I had to radically increase the
thyroid dose after starting on the oral HRT, but I didn't find anything in
the literature that would make me expect this result.  Has anyone else had
this same result?
After years of wondering if I would have enough Armour, now I have an
abundance....bottles and bottles of extra.  It's starting to look like I
have my own pharmacy!

Pam