Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Janet Wager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:09:41 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about Rheumatoid
Arthritis.  I appreciate all of the information, and many people were kind
enough to share their stories or diagnosis/treatment with me.  The general
consensus is that yes, since it’s an autoimmune disease, it is related to
both diabetes and cd, which are also autoimmune diseases.  It seems that
one autoimmune disease tends to lead to others! (what a bummer!)  Some
people sent web sites which show the diseases as being linked, or just
general information about cd or rheumatoid arthritis.

Web Sites:

Rheumatoid Arthritis & Diet: http://www.PaleoDiet.com/ra/

Low or no stomach acidity, hypochlorhydria and hypochlorhydria: (web
address follows-you need the whole thing)
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0205b&L=celiac&O=D&P=4804

http://www.healthy.net/library/books/textbook/section2/heidel.pdf  (This
link is a "pdf" file and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it.  If it's
not already on your system you can download it free from:
http://www.adobe.com/acrobat

http://www.nutramed.com/arthritis/arthritisfa.htm

http://www.mercola.com/2001/may/26/wheat_gluten.htm

www.celiac.com and go to Site Index, then to Diseases and Disorders related
to Celiac Disease. Arthritis is one of these.

http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/celiac/index.htm#8 or
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/celiac/#8 There's a list there
of other diseases linked to CD

http://www.aafp.org/afp/980301ap/pruessn.html

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/69/3/354#SEC8

http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00319

http://www.tummyhealth.com/sprue_(celiac_disease).htm

http://www.gastro.org/reuters/2001/Feb/12/20010206clin009.html

http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages

RA Medications Used, and Comments:
Generic Plaquenil made by Geneva Pharmaceuticals 1-800-525-8747.  Someone
else on this list takes a generic Plaquenil by Watson Labs.
Prednisone - It's a miracle drug but very dangerous too.  I developed
osteoporosis from taking it and spent a year on Fosamax to get my bones
back to normal.
Voltaren (which is an NSAID)
Neurontin
Vioxx
Methotrexate and Folic Acid (has been used for about 50 years!)
Paracetamol
Paradex
Arava – an article in the Parade magazine said to be very careful of that
drug because of potential liver problems
Remicade (has risk of stroke with no warning)