THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 06:45:06 -0400
Listers,
I have just had two autoantibodies against the thyroid
tested--peroxidase and another, i think thyroglobulin...
My endo showed me the lab results, and to his surprise (and mine too)
 both measured 'unmeasureably low.'  Less than 2, or whatever the lowest
limit is.  He made the comment that--whatever I DO have that is causing
thyroid function to decline--I do not have Hashimoto's.

I already have autoimmune premature ovarian failure and autoimmune
primary adrenal insufficiency.  I asked if there are other
autoantibodies, and if they can be tested.  His response was that, Yes,
there are many others.  Autoimmune hypothyroidism can be a lengthy
process, and it would be a mistake to think you do Not have it.

I am not feeling badly, nor do tests show hypothyroid levels yet, with
Free T4.  TSH is b/n 2 and 3, but again I don't feel bad yet.  If I did,
he would definitely put me on a trial of replacement therapy.

So we are playing a bit of a waiting game  for now.  I do see him every
three months, with my addisons disease, so will be tested again soon.

Question:  Does anyone have hypothyroidism of autoimmune origin, but
with different autoantibodies than are found in Hashimotos?
I would be VERY interested in other autoantibodies that occur vs. the
thyroid

thanks!
Holly

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.