THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Ramsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:50:22 EST
For the daughter with high "Free T3" and low body temperatures, I'm wondering
if some or a lot of that Free T3 is actually Reverse T3, which does not
contribute to the body's chemistry processes.  There is a special test for
Reverse T3.  My doctor grumbled until he saw my results!

I have another friend who has a circulation problem as a result of a surgery
-- something went wrong.  Anyway, she is probably a bit on the hyper side,
but she moved to Hawaii because Florida was too cold.  That is an example of
another reason besides a thyroid-related reason for being cold.

And then there is the mystery of hot flashes (or "warm flashes") while the
thermometer reads in the 97s or 96s.  (Is that around 36 for the metric using
majority of the world?)

Peg