THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colleen Witzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:09:40 EST
Dear Group,

My daughter who is 24 currently takes 4 grains or Armour daily. Her last
FreeT3 test showed her levels to be High at 4.79 range 1.45-3.48. The T4
level was in the normal range. It seems odd to me that her T3 levels would be
high, especially when she intentionally skipped her dose that day and did not
take it until after the lab test was completed. Her body temp. has actually
been around 97.-97.2 in the mornings and she has complained more about being
cold.

We live in Oregon so it is colder than we both prefer but we can't move
either.

Just wondering if anyone has a clue what might be happening. Can the Free T3 &
 Free T4 tests be trusted or should they be considered only slightly better
than TSH tests?

Thanks for your input.

Colleen Witzel

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.