THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joan McPhee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:35:04 -0700
on 2/5/03 5:02 PM, Edward Reisman at [log in to unmask] wrote re:
>> TSH is worthless as an indicator of thyroid status, especially with
>> Hashimoto's.  >>
> However, is there a good scientific explanation why that is so?  My guess is
> that the TSH measures what's in the bloodstream, but not what's getting to
> the cells; also, it does not tell you about any resistance to thyroid hormone
> or whether one's T4 is being converted in sufficient quantity to T3.

Exactly so.

-- Joan McPhee, WT
   mailto:[log in to unmask]  --

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.