THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:59:20 -0500
At 11:32 PM 7/3/02 +0800, Greg wrote:
>  By this I mean that by starting
>slow one can reach a point of being in a minimal dosage that cancel out
>most of
>the symptoms. Unless the thyroid is totally gone, it is best to be on a dosage
>wherein the gland itself is also doing its part and not having to totally rely
>on external sources.

Hi Greg and thyroid folks,
I may have missed some of this conversation, but had to jump in with a
question. You say that 'unless the thyroid is totally gone', it is best to
let one's own thyroid gland do some of the work.  Does that mean you think
that even with Hashimotos one will still maintain some thyroid function?  I
was diagnosed 5 years ago, and my understanding was that my thyroid gland
would eventually be totally destroyed by the antibodies.

Also, and I know many of us with Hashimotos have found the same thing, but
I seem to gradually keep needing a little more Armour each year.  I don't
know if that's something to be concerned about or not.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Susan

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]