THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michelle Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:34:33 EDT
Hi,

Hope I'm sending this note correctly as I tried to rewrite it according to
the directions sent back to me when it was initially refused.

So this is my first time posting. I'm very relieved to have found this list.
I hope to learn more than my doctor is presently telling about my
hypothyroidism (Hashimotos Thyroditis). He let me go a whole year on the
wrong level of Armour Thyroid not once insisting I come in for blood work nor
restricting my prescription leaving it open for refills until July 2003. I
recently began to feel so very bad that caused me to finally go in for
bloodwork on my own.

I would like to know what anyone thinks of the Free T4 and TSH levels
recently reported to me. Of course, I had to ask for the report as the doctor
didn't tell me what the blood test revealed. He just upped my Armour Thyroid
from 60 mg to 75 mg per day by simply adding a second dose of 15 mg and says
I need to reach 125 before it's over. My Free T4 was L 0.32 and TSH was
55.11. I don't know what my T3 level is or if it's important for me to know.

Can someone explain what these levels mean to me. I've suffered from
Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression and Panic Attacks (most recently)
all because of the Hypothyroidism, right? Matter of fact, the doctor put me
on Celexa (an anti-depressant) and I had a severe panic attack which he said
was an allergic reaction. He also has me on Klonopin 0.5 mg (to alleviate the
panic attacks) only at night which is helping tremendously.

So soon as my medication is finally corrected all the other things should
self-correct? It's no fun thinking one is going crazy because of incorrect
diagnosis. Like everyone else here, I just want to feel NORMAL again! I did
make an appointment with another doctor, a woman this time, who comes highly
recommended, perhaps she will understand how I feel. However, I've also been
advised to get an appointment with an endocrinologist instead. Any thoughts
or helpful information is greatly appreciated.

Michelle