THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:54:13 EST
> Brenda Rosser <[log in to unmask]>

>  Personally I get so tired of arguing with doctors to the point where I'm
>  inclined to avoid them like the plague these days.

My wife did this after about 5 different ones told her she had a thyroid
problem until the labs came back.  It's no way to get treatment if you need
it.  Also, no way to get the dessicated thyroid you were asking about.  If
you call around to doctor's offices and to pharmacies you can find ones who
prescirbe armour.  You will probably have to learn your own solutions, so
what you need is any doctor who isn't frightened of thyroid meds if pulse and
blood pressure are normal, and who will work with you.  The fact that your
endo said he would prescribe Armour was actually a good sign.  That's like
admitting it might work, but he doesn't think so.  But he'll work with you
(as long as we're not just talking about a placebo size dose so he can tell
you "see I told you so" like doctors enjoy doing.

Skipper Beers

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]