THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah E Leech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:23:17 -0600
In November, I was switched from 8 grains/day of Armour thyroid to 3
tabs/day of Thyrolar 1.  Am now on 5 tabs/day of Thyrolar 1.  I went
downhill fast, I am still in a walking coma, and can't get clear-headed
enough to figure out the past posts on conversion.  The literature with my
prescription of Thyrolar doesn't say how many mcg or grains is in one tab
of Thyrolar 1, or how much T4 and T3 is in it.

Maggi said:

> This is what I have for conversion.
> 1 1/2 grains = 90mg = 13.5 T3 + 57 T4 = T4 equivalency of 111 mcg
> 2 grains = 120mg = 18 T3 = 76 T4 = T4 equivalency of 148 mcg

Maggi, are you talking about Armour or Thyrolar?

Doc Don said:

> One grain of Thyrolar (about 60 mg) contains 12.5 mcg of T3, and 50 mcg
> of T4.  (1:4) It is a handy ratio because when you work it out, you are
> getting what has been called the equivalence of 100 mcg of T4.

Is one tab of Thyrolar 1 equivalent to 1 grain? And is 1 grain of Thyrolar
1 equivalent to 1 grain of Armour, with the same amounts of T4 and T3?

Thanks a bunch.

Deb

Deborah Leech

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.