THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Greg De Guzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:53:31 +0800
From: "Edward Reisman" <[log in to unmask]>

> Greg, I have the same problem viz. insulin resistance and have been
taking
> Glucophage (Metformin is the generic term), 850 mg. twice a day.
>
> If I may ask, what have you been using to "sensitize" the cells to
insulin?

I use the same, but on a lower dosage at 500 mgs. divided in two doses.
Although I have tried higer doses, I don't think I need higher than this
since I am not diabetic and to avoid abdominal side effects. As I get
more sensitive, I cut some of the carbs to make the switchover to
natural control more gradual. If you are not diabetic, restriction of
carb intake should suffice. I follow more the Barnes protocol of
limiting carbs, more on fat, some proteins, vit. b & c supplementation
and proper thyroid  replacement to take care of the cholesterol. My
cholesterol and triglycerides are normal. My carotid arteries still show
smooth intima on doppler echo. No functional heart defects with adequate
wall motion normal wall thickness on 2D Echo. My ECG is normal with
sinus rhythm, Holter normal. I am 48 years old

Greg

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]