THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
June Marie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:12:24 EST
I wrote about a week ago........ Well i now have the results of my thyroid
scan and up take ..i will type it in exactly as it is written on the
report....

                272uCi of I-123 were administered orally.  24 hour uptake was

               measured to be 22%

               scans over the thyroid demonstrated that the left lobe of the
           thyroid is shorter in appearance than the right lobe of the
thyroid.

    IMPRESSION:
              IF FULLNESS IS PALPATED IN THE UPPER PORTION OF THE LEFT LOBE
              OF THE THYROID, THEN THIS REPRESENTS A COLD NODULE.

Does thie mean a cold spot showed up or what ??  I thought hot and cold spots
showed up prety distinctly.
for the past month I have been getting pain coming from under the left side
of my jaw and causing nerve pain in my lower front teeth.... I had them
xrayed and there is nothing wrong with my teeth. The pain is becoming
unbearable at times now.
      Can someone also tell me if my labs are normal or not ...... at first
my doc said they where ..but then admited he didn't know enough about the
endo system. I will type them up exactly as there are on the report.
                         Normal       abnormal               units
  ref range
 SED RATE           20                                         MM/HR
 (0-20)
 FREE T4                                0.78         L           ng/DL
    (0.80-2.00)
TSH                     1.26                                        uIU/ML
       (0.42-5.40)
Free T3 Serum     2.8                                          pg/mL
 (2.3-4.2)

I noticed whiteout on the bottom of my copy of the blood tests...I scratched
it off to find it is the docs hand writing saying  TSH- L Normal,
Sed Rate- H Normal, T4-Low, T3 2.8 Low normal !!!
I am sat here crying, maybe my tests don't look so bad but i feel so sick.

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!