THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:17:37 -0500
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > When I mentioned
> > adrenal testing to the endocrinologist I was seeing for the
> > first time, she hooted aloud and said that if my adrenals
> > were in trouble, my skin would be dark brown.

That's exactly the same argument my "doctor",  the most prestigious in this
town, said when I was disabled by extreme weakness and low blood pressure.
It's the "normal or nuts" argument so many "doctors" use.  Their narrowed
minds can only think in terms of black and white, dead or alive, extremely
hypo- or hyper-adrenal or normal, extremly hypo- or hyper-thyroid or normal,
metastatic breast cancer of normal.

I don't get it.  Are they so burnt out, cognitively deprived, stupid, or and
lacking in imagination,  that there is no in between?  Why on earth are
taxpayers' dollars being used to educate this profession when the result is
so dismal?

With this type of medical supervision being the norm these days, I try not
to rely on 95% of the available doctors.

   Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]