THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:11:30 EST
>  When I was young, I used to try taking people off their Armour and putting
>  them on Synthroid.  I can honestly say that EVERY ONE of those
>  people demanded to be back on Armour.
All the assertive people.  I was never able to ask her when she was on it but
my mother said the only time in her life she ever had energy was when she was
on Armour.  The doctor switched her to Synthroid, it did nothng for her and
she stopped.   Her last 10 years they didn't even know she was hypothroid, so
this was probably before TSH.

>   Synthroid is a more "foolproof" drug,
I"ve been thyrotoxic one time and thought I might be close to heart attack
and that was when I was first on Synthroid.  My doctor put me on high blood
pressure medicine which had fatigue as a side effect and told me that giving
me thyroid may have caused my blood pressure to be what it should be and I
may always need the hypertension medicine.  Fortunately she was wrong.  Never
have I had a similar problem on Armour. I assumed because it works quicker
it's harder to get on too high of a dose without knowing it, it  doesn't have
to build up in your system to work.

Skipper

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.