THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Firth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:27:32 -0800
In October, my family practice dr. said that my
thyroid felt enlarged and she wanted to run some
tests to see what was causing it.  I had an
ultra-sound test done, which showed
abnormalities.  Then, I was referred to an ENT
dr. who sent me to have a needle biopsy done.
Well, the person doing the needle biopsy wasn't
able to extract any tissue from my thyroid (only
fluid), so it came out "inconclusive".  I asked
my dr. to please refer me to an Endocrinologist.
She said that 1st I have to have the needle
biopsy a 2nd time!  The ENT dr. wants me to have
a CAT Scan test done.  Right now, I am beginning
to feel like a guinea pig!  I also had my dr.
test me for Hashimoto's, but it came out normal.
I am taking a very low-dose thyroid med for 3
years now.  I have an HMO for my insurance.  I
worry about the side effects of some of these
tests, that it could be worse than whatever is
wrong with my thyroid!  I am planning to change
primary drs soon, to get another opinion on this
matter.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

   Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]