THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:30:06 EST
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>

>Even though Dr. Derry is a Canadian, and this
>group contains only a few Canadians, HE IS
>CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT TO ALL OF US.

One of my children is being treated because of his interview by Mary shomon,
I printed it and gave it to my doctor.  It made good sense to him.  If Dr.
Derry becomes suspended by Canada, he becomes less credible to the doctors
over here.

>They (bad guys) already got to the head guy
>(on our side) in England. Next, they've targeted
>Dr. Derry on an island off British Columbia, in
>Canada.

Two good guys, frequently mentioned on the list attacked.  They've helped us.
 Anyone who goes to Doc Don, Durrant-Peatifield's paper educated him on the
use of cortisol, which many need.

>Guess what they intend to say when they come
>after our few USA doctors who will treat us
>based on symptoms and evidence (rather than
>based only blind, ignorant, incomplete TSH
>tests)?

>They'll say, "England and Canada don't allow
>this, the USA shouldn't either." It's a big lie,
>and, disgustingly, so far they have won.

Remember when we were the leaders?  Remember Clinton's health care plan, "But
Canada does it this way, and England does it this way.  Since when do we care
about that?  We are independent.  We don't have to follow them.  And the only
reason we have a health care crises is due to the high care of thyroid
related illnesses that require claritin, ritalin, prozac and a hundred other
drugs.  It raises the cost of health insurance to the point of not being
affordable.

>I, for one, would rather DIE than go back to
>mindless T4 oblivion. How about you?
>Yes, there are things worse than death.  Not truly being able to live is one.

>Now, I'm telling you RIGHT NOW is the
>time to act. I fear that if we ALL don't act
>now, we may have already lost the rest of
>our lives. Have I ever lied, or even
exaggerated, to you before? Now, NOW,
>NOW!

No, he's been understated.  As many of you, he wondered if all the things I
posted about could really be all thryoid related.  Within my family, I
actually have a wide variety of symptoms, I've recognized more hypothryoidsm
than most doctors with a traditional practice ever will.  I suspect that Dr.
Derry's list of symptoms he's seen is much longer than mine because he's a
scientific minded individual with real patients that he's had the chance to
observe.

>He is being persecuted by doctors who
>would *rather* stick to drugs that work for
>some people (not all), and tests that are
>cheaper (not better), and let thousands of
>thyroid patients live in mind-fog and lifetime
>misery, than to stick with what worked for
>a century before 1974, when, magically,
>blood tests became better than physician
>observation, diagnosis, and judgement.

And those doctors persecuting him are comparing his thyroid treatment to
speed and cocaine.   They say of course you feel better with more thyroid
just like you would with more cocaine.  Only it's not true.  Costochondritis
does not disappear only when someone goes to 6 grains or Armour because
you're thyroid was already adequately treated.  Furthermore, after a certain
dosage you no longer feel improvement when increasing, in fact you start
feeling pretty bad when your heart rate is too fast and you develop the other
symptoms of too much thryoid.  Note, no TSh is not an indicator of too much
thryoid.

>If Dr. Derry is not given back his unlimited
>practice, we will have ALL lost a great deal.
>Not just Canadians. Not just folks on some
f>orm of T3. All of us will have lost part of
>what *I* demand in a doctor - human vision
>and judgement, based on the whole of my
>health, and the whole of my symptoms.

They may come after your doctor next.  Who knows, maybe the fight over
synthroid and whether or not it would be legal was a diversion to make Armour
and T3 illegal.   No, they're not picking on Amrour Thyroid, after all didn't
they try to get Synthroid off the market first?

Who knows, maybe they want to get rid of all Thyroid medications so they can
sell claritin, ritalin, and even more drugs and treatment.  If you treat
allergies with claritin, misbehaviour with ritalin, narcolepsy and fatigue
with stimulants do you need any thyroid medication?

I don't know who "they" are, I do know they want to ruin my family's life as
well as the right to choose my own treatment that works for me.  It's not
like the terrorism of a building in New York, 400 miles away from me.  It's
like whoever is doing this is trying to subtly come after my family's health
personally, without drawing anyone's attention.  No bearded terrorist, but a
nice clean looking guy who freqeuntly visits your doctor and smiles a lot.
They've already convince doctors if the patient thinks his child will die if
he doesn't get his thyroid treated, whereas you gave him ritalin, claritin,
tofranil, without the thought of a lab test it is evil to give out thryoid
medication just because a patient has all the symptoms.

Skipper Beers

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.