THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:15:26 -0600
 edward reisman wrote:
>i have responded best to the "wilson's syndrome" protocol of
>sustained-release T3.

Hi everyone,
This conversation started out on the subject of males with Hashimotos, but
then Edward talked about his response to the Wilson's protocol.  I'm a 50
year old female, diagnosed with Hashimotos at age 46.  When I first heard
about the Wilson's protocol, I assumed it was not appropriate for me.  But
now I'm considering it, since I seem to need increasing doses of Armour.
For a while 3.5 grains was working well for me, and I thought I had
stabilized, but now I've had to increase to 4 grains every other day.  My
doctor wants me to add cytomel to the Armour, but I seem to feel a little
hyper when I do that.  In my case the only hyper symptom I'll notice is a
tightness in my jaw and face.

I've ordered the doctors manual for Wilson's through the Wilsons syndrome
website, but am interested in hearing from other folks with Hashimotos who
have tried it.  How long did you stay on the Wilsons?  Did you feel worse
for a while?  Were you able to go back to Armour and maintain at a lower
dose?  Any other positive results?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences with the Wilson's protocol.
Susan A

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid Account
  1 To talk with 500+ people <[log in to unmask]>
  2 To change your account  <[log in to unmask]>
  3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Change your own account here http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid
If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html> and ask again!