THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:09:11 -0800
Dear Liz and Thyroid Folks,

>I was SURE that she had put the other
>T tests on there too

What T tests? What are you referring to by
T? And, if you were sure, why were these
tests not done? What are you trying to say?

>The TSH was 1.96

If your health care provider attempted to
interpret this test result without a reference
range for "normal," usually provided by the
lab, then you should get another provider.

Because you failed to give us the reference
range (something I assume your lab did NOT
do to your provider, if they wish to stay in
business), then I assume that you either
think we are all omniscient, or that we don't
care about you achieving high quality health.
Neither is true. If you wish us to comment
(without stabbing in the dark), please give
the lab result AND the reference range.

If your TSH went down, this implies that
you have more thyroid hormone in your
blood, but that information (alone) is useless
without knowing your symptoms and how
you feel, and your other thyroid levels, like
T4, T3, free T3, etc. Having even all the
right tests done once is not as good as
having them all done repeatedly over time,
and keeping track of them IN RELATION
to your hormone replacement dosage(s)
and your symptoms and experience.

>have some of the symptoms of
>hyperthyroid like shaking and trembling.
>i have begun crying alot

There are other things that can make you
cry a lot. Do they apply to you?

Why don't you think you have 'enough'
symptoms? Is there a threshold number?

>I know this dr is going to say

Why pay somebody to be a jerk to you
*and* to tell you what you already know?

Get a new provider that you trust - someone
to work WITH you to improve your health.

I wish you well.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner: Allergy, Arthritis, PCHealth, Rubber, Thyroid

Thyroid
Discussion Group http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid Account
  1 To talk with 500+ people <[log in to unmask]>
  2 To change your account  <[log in to unmask]>
  3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Change your own account here http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid
If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html> and ask again!