THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:44:23 -0800
Dear Thyroid Folks,

I'd like a refresher on a related, and slightly
different question, please.

If someone is off (taking zero) thyroid
replacement hormone for some non-medical
reason, how should they "ramp" back up to
their previous dosage when they return to
medication? I'm talking about someone who
unexpected lost or ran out of pills, or could
not afford to buy them, or some such.

Let's say this was a hypothyroid person and
the hiatus was of 1 week, 3 weeks, or 8 weeks.

Of course, this process would be supervised
by a health care provider, as always.

What would you expect, or what have you
experienced, when going back on thyroid
medication after a period of none?

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner: Allergy, Arthritis, PCHealth, Rubber, Thyroid

Thyroid
Discussion Group http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

                     Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.