THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michaelmd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 02:27:24 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/2001 8:16:26 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< But now after 3 months of the higher dose of Synthroid, I
 find my energy is lagging again and my bed is calling, my weight is creeping
 up and I am having a terrible time with edema. >>

Dear Thyroid Friends,

This patient exactly described why I found the Wilson Syndrome material so
exciting. Since the beginning, I've found patients who had more signs and
symptoms of low thyroid than are still taught in Med School. The labs never
looked horrible, and I was vindicated when they blossomed with a little
thyroid...

For a while. Then it would all come back, and they would need more. But the
more T4 I put them on, the less effective it was.

I had a lot of folks who were better, but not well, on doses of T4 that may
have given a few of their family docs heart attacks. But, it did little for
my patients. Now, I think that I discovered why: Wilson's Syndrome (WS).

But, the rT3 may not always show up in the blood because it is sometimes
(Wilson says) intra cellular. Also, that "normal range" of rT3 comes from an
average of the all the patients that a small number of docs have already
diagnosed WS in. So, Don't expect an "H" (high) on the lab slip-I have only
seen that in patients who I have been "T4 loading."

Doc Don

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
 2 Control your account       <[log in to unmask]>
   3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account control <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!