THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawn Thielen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 08:43:16 -0500
Doc Don said :
> The war really is hell. It saps your will to fight, and drains your mind
and
> soul. Somehow, people are managing to wage a good war.

The flashbacks scared the heck out of me. Being hypothyroid, for me,
> is that blend of lethargy,

Let me add to that:

not caring what happens around you, feeling overwhelmed with the simplest of
tasks, stress takes me down like an anchor, letting everything go....

Which is where I am right now... I am back in a hypothyroid stuper and I'm
trying to stay afloat and cannot seem to get any relief in my symptoms.  I
will feel ok one minute and the next I feel like I'm in a depression.

Let me elaborate, I wonder why I have no adrenal hormones and yet I've moved
well... this will be the 11th time in 12 years.  Some were for good reasons,
others because we couldn't help it and this one... because we are trying to
reduce our debt load and simplify.  Hopefully for the last time... However,
getting there is hellish!!  I'm sure that's all I need to say!  I started
out, feeling pretty good, I'd switched back to the meds that I'd felt best
on and I had 2 good weeks..

I abandoned Doc Don's protocol awhile ago, because as I said we are
downsizing to save money and I cannot afford him at present.  I do have a
very good Dr that I'd seen in California as well and they've been "trying"
to help me, however, I just don't know if there's much they can do for me
right now!!  I am totally back in a hypothyroid state and I HATE it!  It's
amazing what's happening to me and I've gotten a taste for what its like to
feel good and I HATE feeling bad!  It's not funny that when you are feeling
this way that you could totally feel suicidal.  I know I feel so badly right
now that I have.  And, this doesn't help my situation.  I'm supposed to be
packing and in 11 days I'll need to be painting and fixing up the  new
house.  How do I get through this??  And, our house hasn't sold...

  My Dr has added some hydrocortisone to my meds... but, it doesn't seem to
be helping much.  I'm now taking .225 of L-thyroxine and 62 mg of Cytomel.
Although since being on hydrocortisone, I've noticed I had some hyper
symptoms and so I backed down a bit on my meds.  Is there anything I can do
to help get through this????

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
 2 Control your account       <[log in to unmask]>
   3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account control <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!