THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:42:22 -0500
">Endos chose their specialty to *avoid* dealing with
>real, warm people - so they could hide behind the
>numbers. Sometimes I think the specialty was invented
>as a kind of morgue to hide these maladapted physicians
>that other doctors are (or should be) ashamed of."

I think this is generally true.  I did take my daughter to a young endo who
was very kind.  Even agreed to move her appointment to an earlier spot in
his schedule when I told him what symptoms she had, because he realized I
was very worried. We had a nice discussion when her results came back and he
took alot of time but the bottom line was, that he had no idea about
anything that couldn't be diagnosed by the labs.  I don't think he is cold
or uncaring, just in the dark about reality as most of them are.  Nancy

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.