THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:32:11 -0700
Dear Thyroid Folks,

> Then why, why, why do so many Dr's rely on the TSH so heavily?

Because it's easier and quicker than listening,
taking histories, taking temperatures, being
a caring human being, etc.

Face It

Endos don't like people - they excelled in chemistry,
not people skills. CHEMISTRY is not about people,
it's about atoms and molecules and their combinations.
These guys liked *hard* science in school, what's to
make us think they'll ever be warm and caring now?

I think medical schools are too ashamed to admit that
their blind emphasis on organic chemistry grades in the
new doctor selection process has contributed to a huge
flock of misanthropic physicians called endos, whose
only true loves are money and laboratory numbers.

These guys got the very best grades in chemistry - what
other physician could say they are not good enough, if
excellence in chemistry was (and is) the hallmark of a
good pre-medical student?

Endos chose their specialty to *avoid* dealing with
real, warm people - so they could hide behind the
numbers. Sometimes I think the specialty was invented
as a kind of morgue to hide these maladapted physicians
that other doctors are (or should be) ashamed of.

Endos don't like people. That's why they prefer to treat
your numbers instead of your symptoms.

I'll try not to be so upbeat in my next message. <grumble>

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner: Allergy, Arthritis, PCHealth, Rubber, Thyroid

Thyroid
Discussion Group http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.