THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:27:23 -0400
Because "doctors" are stuck in the "turn the crank" mentality.  There is no
time to think.  There is little time for continuing education.  No time to
listen to the patient. It's a production line sweat shop mentality:  10
minutes total for patient.  No time for more than one condition at an
"encounter".  No problem solving.

People are feeling traumatized by the current practice of "medicine".  We
might as well live in a third world country.

When gifted doctors appear on the scene perhaps some distance away, we are
stuck in trying to turn our crank in our locality.  The next local doctor
isn't going to work either.  Might as well go with quality care from the
get-go with known gifted doctors.  Even paying for long distance plane fare
is worth it to get quality medical care.  One can actually save money and
time by going with the winners.

The above principal applies not only to thyroid disease but other conditions
as well.

> Then why, why, why do so many Dr's rely on the TSH so heavily?  I just
don't
> understand it.
> KAL/Mass

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.