THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:18:56 EDT
Oh My Gosh!!!  I can't believe how quickly you all answered and THANK YOU
SO MUCH! I have been given much relief to hear another has experienced this
and that indeed, hypo can cause it. My holter monitor did show I had PAC's,
(premature atrial contractions) but I have always had those with no pauses or
black outs. I do see my cardiologist at the end of this month, but have been
having much anxiety lately waiting. I am definitely prone to panic attacks
and this hasn't
helped it.  I have low blood pressure and a slow resting rate anyway,
perhaps the hypo has slowed it down even more. Because of the arythmias,
they have started me on the lowest dose of synthroid (25mg)for the first 3
months, then a recheck and they already said it would most likely be
doubled at that point and maybe even again in another 3 months. I was
surprised to see how slowly progress is made with meds.
  It was interesting to hear my heart could enlarge due to the hypo, will
definitely mention that at my appointment. Wondering what the enlargement
does to a person and does it go back down with the hormone treatment?
  Again, thank you to those that responded to my posting. Suzanne
(I didn't mention I am only 33, pretty young for heart disease)

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.