THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:17:43 -0500
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:14:21 -0700, Kevran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My Dr believes (and I've read elsewhere) that T2 is the "water releasing"
>hormone in Armour. I do know that my edema
>in my ankles reduced with I started Armour (from Synthroid + Cytomel). Your
>mileage may vary.

I took Armour for several weeks before switching to the Wilson's protocol.
I had no obvious edema before the Armour but developed obvious pitting edema
in my feet, ankles and half way up my shins after being on Armour for just a
few weeks.  It went away when I stopped Armour.  As you said, your mileage
may vary.  Does anyone understand why this may have happened to me?
Interested in the physiology of it.  Nancy