THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Marleen.Hallaert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:20:39 +0200
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 11:51 AM
Subject: Graves' Disease and no stability with meds???

Been there, done that and bought many T-shirts.  Had the same problem, but
in Belgium.  Life does get better - be persistent !  After years of trying
I've finally managed to convince my GP that the way I feel hasn't that much
to do with the 'normal range' numbers.  She's ready to send me to endo
number 4 (yes, also Graves, also RAI, the hyper-hypo rollercoaster etc...)
but she prescribes my L-Thyroxine and takes a blood test every month.  I'm
sure some people on this list will recommend you with a doc that will
listen.  Don't give up ! You are not alone - and keep reading this list,
print out certain emails if you feel you need to to take to your doctor.
You are not alone.

All the best.

Marleen

...WHO IS THE BEST DOCTOR TO GO TO ( I will be glad to
> travel to Dr. Wonderful, I just need to find someone who can deal with the
> whole mess and help me make it work).  I'm looking for THE SUPERMAN/WOMAN
OF