THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:49:20 EDT
> Nancy Hugo <[log in to unmask]>

> The people with whom I wish to share the information about rT3
>  are members of an acute care council....I have found some of them to be
>  very caring people....I think at least a couple of them will listen. Then,
>  if they share the information with a couple more people , and on, and on
>  ....maybe we can be like Johnny Appleseed.

Just remember, there are those who will listen.  I don't think we're on our
way to losing our best thryoid doctors like the UK lost Barry
Durrant-Peatfield, if we are, hopefully enough Americans have the character
this country used to have to prevent it.  Doc Don listens to his patients, my
doctor listens to me, the key to getting better if you don't have a real
thyroid expert for a doctor is to have one who will work with you.  I called
and found a doctor who would prescribe armour and read what patients brought
in.  Now I would also probably ask if he would treat me with a higher dose as
long as my blood pressure or pulse doesn't escalate to dangerous levels, and
of course many times these go down with increases in thyroid meds.

Yes, I crticize doctors on the list frequently, mainly because there are many
out there with doctors who will never really be able to help them and they're
putting up with it.  But there are those willing to work with patients and
pride themselves on it. These are the doctors who are valuable and worth
their weight in gold. If we all DEMANDED this the other doctors wouldn't last
very long. Unfortunately until you have a serious problem you don't always
know which type you have.

Skipper Beers

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
 2 Control your account       <[log in to unmask]>
   3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account control <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!