THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:39:20 EDT
> Edward Reisman <[log in to unmask]>

>  can somebody explain why this past june, after a month on the "wilson's
>  syndrome" protocol, and taking 90 mcg (twice a day) of time-release T3, my
>  TSH was 2.59
As you said, you're not advocating the TSH test as a diagnostic tool.  The
question is how you feel, and maybe what your temperature is.  In a month you
couldn't have done too many cycles.

My mother found a doctor who was amazed that her TSH would go up and down all
the time, he was taking it monthly.  Did he prescribe thyroid due to her
chronic condition, which was worse than death and he obviously suspected was
thryoid?  Of course not.  Once again TSH is useless for anything and there
probably is some variation in it.  Maybe for us diagnosed by TSH we had our
labs on a lucky day when it was actually elevated.

Skipper Beers

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.