EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marcus Ormerod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:17:52 -0000
Hi all

sorry to ask what might be an unsolvable question. I am creating a large
website with many diagrams. The diagrams have complete text descriptions as
alt tags. Visually the alt text appears only briefly on screen and I know
that screen reading software will read the entire content, however, a few
people who are involved in the development of the site have commented that
visually they would like to be able to read the content before it
disappears. Has anyone found a way to stop the visual aspect of alt text
disappearing too quickly? I assume it is controlled by the browser software,
but I cannot find a button in internet explorer that controls this feature.

regards
marcus

SURFACE
Salford University Research Focus on Accessible Environments
Bridgewater Building
Salford
M7 1NU
England