From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 08:59:13 EDT

Good morning to all,

I will be traveling to Coral Springs, FL this weekend and want to know if
anybody is familiar with any places to get GF meals down there with safety.
I will be in the Boca Raton, Coral Springs, Ft. Lauderdale, Wellington, Lake
Worth areas.

Also, I had an accidental ingestion of gluten this week.  I had a few Baked
Lay's potato chips after I was told they were safe.  I felt kind of funny
later on and went to the store to read the back of a bag, when I saw that
they used wheat starch.  I was very upset and called my doctor who said I
should just drink lots of water and let it pass through.  Thought I got
throughit OK, but after a day and a half here comes the pain and the bloating
and now I have a rash.  My question is:  Is there anything we cando when such
an accident happens to help alleviate symptoms or get the gluten through
fast?  It rarely happens to me.  I should have known better as these are
clearly reconstituted potatoes, so I should have avoided them.  Second, I
want to warn people away from Lay's Baked Potato Chips.

I also want to put in a good word about 7/11 Stores (at least the one near
me).  I love their coffee, but I can't drink milk.  The manager carried
Lactaid milk and he was very willing to crack open a quart to keep on the
coffee stand on the day he knows I come in for coffee.  I think this is quite
lovely of him.

Secondly, I have had good luck eating in Wendy's with their plain baked
potato and and salad.  I have tried their new summer salads which are great.
I wanted the new Mandarin Chicken Salad, which has Chinese crispy noodles on
it, and they were very willing to make me one without them.

Thank you to everyone, and stay well to all.

Love and peace,

Libby
NYC