From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:48:04 -0500

Here's a question about which I haven't a clue whether it relates to CD or DH.

Just reading past messages makes me send this in.  A friend is having a major problem with her feet.  The doctor says psoriasis, but she doctors it without success. She has taken Altavate and Dovenex, along with Tazorac.  The latter is a form a REtin-A type stuff, so I don't understand that use.

She says the rash HURTS, but doesn't itch.  Her feet are beet red.  Sometimes, when under stress, she gets a rash down her thighs.   The arches are totally red, and some of it comes up on her ankles.

I only question whether it could have anything to do with DH and maybe she is misdiagnosed.   Or is this the wrong part of the body to have outbreaks??

Any light you can shed might help her.  She is giving her dermatologist one last chance today before getting another opinion.

I told her to ask the doctor if DH could be a factor.  My MD, who also has celiac, says that if you don't "plant" the idea in the doctor's head, then he will never think of it, and if he doesn't think of it, then you will never be tested for it.    But then you have doctors who blow you off anyway when asking that question.

Thanks everyone.
Bev