Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:47:32 -0900

howdy all,

cruising thru a recent online copy of "new scientist", a UK weekly
science journal, I came across this new story about a new additive to
ice cream. While I am not lucky enough to be able to enjoy ice cream,
some of you might be, so watch for this new additive coming to a
store near you.

I only copied the first paragraph from the article, so follow the
link to get the full story if it interests you.

******************

Winter wheat solves ice cream conundrum

Ice cream researchers have come up with an all-natural additive to
eliminate the grainy texture that ice cream acquires when it sits in
the freezer too long. The magic ingredient is a wheat protein that
blocks the formation of the large, rectangular-shaped crystals that
make the ice cream taste like a mouthful of snow.

see the full story with the link below..

dick
fairbanks, alaska