THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K.M. Neves" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:21:08 -0300
On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Javilk wrote:

> > BUT... he also has this program (which he seems to place many of his patients
> > in) in which he puts people with my kind of symptoms on Fen-Phen (or is it
> > Phen-Fen?), the drug regimen used in many weight loss clinics for obesity.

Please be careful with this!!!  I saw a piece on "60 Minutes" about this
drug and was horrified!!!  Apparently, it's not entirely safe and is
basically being pedalled by unscrupulous MDs looking for a quick buck.
(This is the opinion I formed in watching this piece.  I surely do not
want to put words into anyone's mouth, so please take into account that
this is just my opinion.)

Anyway, perhaps, if you can, you should contact CBS to see if you can
obtain a tape of the piece before you sign up for this "programme".  It
sounds pretty shady.

Cheers,

Karen
Halifax, NS, Canada