THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wendy Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:49:05 -0700
On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, "K.M." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I understand that one of the contributing factors to hypothyroid might be
having
>too little iodine in the diet...
>KM
>
>Hyperthyroidism can be causes by having too little iodine in the diet, but this
is uncommon in the U.S.

I wanted to let everyone know that I found out my TSH, T4, free T4, T3, and T7
were in the normal range after 2 months of ONLY herbal medicine and acupuncture.
  My cholesterol and LDL's are still somewhat elevated. However, I was under
tremendous stress when first diagnosed with hypothroidism in mid-Dec.  I have
not had nearly the stress since that time.  My TSH has decreased from 35 in Dec.
to 2.3 now.  However, my thyroglobulin antibodies were elevated in Jan. and
these were not checked a week ago.  The internist that I found who is not
opposed to herbal medicine and acupuncture said I should come back in 2 or 3
months and have my blood checked again.  At that time I will ask him to check my
antibodies.  I know that I am not completely normal, but many of my symptoms
have improved tremendously.

Wendy