THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:26:09 -0400
Sharon Marsden wrote:

I switched to a different doctor.  He > said it sounded like I had a problem with my
thyroid, but I told him the > results of the test had been normal.  He said he wanted to
do a different > test than before and that one did show hypothroidism.
> Sharon

Sharon,
Do you know what the other test was your new doctor did? I had a similar experience when
my first doctor was only doing a test that did not include the whole thyroid panel.
They'd say my thyroid was a little off, but would "pooh pooh" it as being because I was
on birth control pill. So I went on to suffer years longer.

When I went to my current doctor, he just looked at me (I guess by this time I even
"looked" hypothyroid) and asked me if I'd had it tested. I told him I was concerned
about the "pill" not letting it show up and he said, "Oh yes it will with the test I'm
doing" - well, it did and I'm finally being treated for hypothyroidism.

Have you done better since you finally got the proper treatment? I hope so...
Best Wishes
SuzyQ